These are projects that I am able to list on my site. Contact me for more examples that may match your criteria.
For Telegraaf Media Groep, I built a new site for DFT / Kennis, the knowledge portal for De Financiële Telegraaf. The site is a web app written entirely in React and Redux, also using Webpack and PostCSS. My work consisted of:
– Setting up a React, Redux, Webpack stack
– Setting up Universal server side rendering using Node.js
– Implementation of designs in PostCSS
– State management using Redux, connected to a REST API
– Continuous integration using Jenkins
Development of a mobile human resource management field guide, as a mobile app, in Ionic Framework, aimed at HR managers at clients of Tempo Team.
Development as a team, in AngularJS, of a campaign site aimed at job seekers over 50, for Randstad NV.
Lead generation front-end in React.JS
For a start-up in lead generation, I worked on the design and implementation of a React.JS front-end with a Node.JS back-end. My work consisted of:
– Redesign of the user interface
– A more consistent and simpler DOM structure
– Overhaul of the structure of the SASS stylesheets.
For Sanoma, for 3½ years I developed GoeieVraag.nl, a Dutch Q&A platform that is now Sanoma’s #2 site (after NU.nl) and the country’s #17 site in terms of reach. GoeieVraag is visited by 4 million unique users on a monthly basis. My work consisted mainly of:
– Concept: Improving the concept and user experience
– Design: Guiding and implementing a complete redesign
– Development: Modernising the API into a RESTful API
– Performance: Stabilising and optimizing the MySQL database against heavy traffic,
improving systems architecture and hardening the caching layers
Randstad Jubilee app for iOS and Android
For Randstad's 55th anniversary, a party for thousands of employees was accompanied by a teaser app for iOS and Android. The most noteworthy feature was tracking movement on the dance floor for competitive display in a top 20 on a large screen. Another feature was a wheel of fortune type game with prize inventory management. My work consisted of:
– Developing a back-end in NodeJS, Express and KeystoneJS for receiving location data and managing content as well as prize inventory
– Developing a cross-platform mobile app in Cordova and Ionic Framework
– Developing a web app for displaying a dance floor motion top 20 on a projector
Another project at Sanoma, NU Live, detected trending topics on social media and aggregated news articles into a socially driven news feed. NU Live offered trending topics before Twitter did. My work consisted of:
– Continued development of the site
– Introducing an MVC design pattern to the code base
– Introducing a framework (CodeIgniter)
– Improvements to the visual design
Independently, as a startup, I designed and developed Trackie, an issue tracker (project management) on the Web. At the time, I couldn’t find an issue tracker that I was confortable showing to clients, so I decided to roll my own. The end result was a software as a service with monthly subscription plans. My work on Trackie consisted of:
– Interaction design and user experience design
– Visual design of the brand and product
– Database architecture and optimisation
– Front end and back end development of the web app
– Setting up the pricing plans, subscriptions and payment processes
For Ice Age Ice, a brand of ice cubes available at supermarkets and gas stations, I developed the entire order system, in PHP. My work consisted of:
– Designing and developing an order portal for clients
– Automatically calculating delivery days for each order
– Forwarding a schedule of deliveries to logistics partners
– Gathering GPS coordinates of ATMs from websites of banks
– Developing a back-end that would serve the coordinates along with their types of ATMs
– Developing an app based on PhoneGap
– Displaying ATMs on the map using coloured markers (custom markers didn’t exist then)
– Offering the app in the App Store.
This is only a brief impression of my work. Other projects included several corporate websites, webshops, blogs, fulfillment systems and web apps, including a number of startups. Depending on what you’re looking for, I can show you additional, more relevant projects.
Need an experienced developer?