A serious project calls for an experienced developer.
As a full stack developer, I have been developing web sites, apps and platforms for companies of different sizes since 2006.
See the Skill set list for a quick overview of my technical skills. Read on for a brief impression of my work.
For TMG I worked on a new site for DFT / Kennis, the knowledge portal for De Financiële Telegraaf. The site is a web app written entirely in React and Redux, also using Webpack and PostCSS. My work consisted of:
– Set up a React, Redux, Webpack stack
– Set up Universal server side rendering using Node.js
– Implementation of designs in PostCSS
– State management using Redux, connected to a REST API
– Continuous integration using Jenkins
Lead generation front-end in React.JS
For a start-up in lead generation, I worked on the design and implementation of a React.JS front-end with a Node.JS back-end. My work consisted of:
– Redesign of the user interface
– A more consistent and more simple DOM structure
– Overhaul of the structure of the SASS stylesheets.
For Sanoma, for 3½ years I developed GoeieVraag.nl, a Dutch Q&A platform that is now Sanoma’s #2 site (after NU.nl) and the country’s #17 site in terms of reach. GoeieVraag is visited by 4 million unique users on a monthly basis.
My work consisted mainly of:
– Concept: Improving the concept and user experience
– Design: Guiding and implementing a complete redesign
– Development: Modernising the API into a RESTful API
– Performance: Stabilising and optimizing the MySQL database,
system architecture and improving the caching layers
Independently, as a startup, I design and develop Trackie, an issue tracker (project management) on the Web. At the time, I couldn’t find an issue tracker that I was confortable showing to clients, so I decided to roll my own. The end result is a software as a service with monthly subscription plans. My work on Trackie consists of:
– Interaction design and user experience design
– Visual design of the brand and product
– Database architecture and optimisation
– Front end and back end development of the web app
– Setting up the pricing plans, subscriptions and payment processes
Jubilee-app for Android and iOS
For the jubilee of a top-5 company in the Netherlands, a party for thousands of employees was accompanied by a teaser app for iOS and Android. The most noteworthy feature was tracking movement on the dance floor for competitive display in a top 20 on a large screen. Another feature was a wheel of fortune type game with prize inventory management. My work consisted of:
– Develop a back-end in NodeJS, Express and KeystoneJS for receiving location data and managing content as well as prize inventory
– Develop a cross-platform mobile app in Cordova and Ionic Framework
– Develop a web app for displaying a dance floor motion top 20
Another project at Sanoma, NU Live, detects trending topics on social media and aggregates news articles into a socially driven news feed. NU Live offered trending topics before Twitter did. My work consisted of:
– Continued development of the site
– Introducing an MVC design pattern to the code base
– Introducing a framework (CodeIgniter)
– Improvements to the visual design
– Gathering GPS coordinates of ATMs from websites of banks
– Developing a back-end that would serve the coordinates along with their types of ATMs
– Developing an app based on PhoneGap
– Displaying ATMs on the map using coloured markers (custom markers didn’t exist then)
– Offering the app in the App Store.
This is only a brief impression of my work. Other projects included several corporate websites, webshops, blogs, fulfillment systems and web apps, including a number of startups. Depending on what you’re looking for, I can show you additional more relevant projects.
Need an experienced developer?